Re: [Evolution] Strange behaviour of Ctrl-V

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 12:10 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
OK. So the problem is that everything is a URI?  If the URI points to a
local file, then yes the default should be to paste the file and not the
URI.  But if the URI happens to be a non-local file, such as a web
reference, then the default should surely be to paste the URI and not
the content.

Unless the remote file is mounted locally through GVFS.

For the bugzilla address above - would you want the content of the
bugzilla page posted or the URI?

I would want the URI, and if I right-click that URI in Evolution and
select Copy Link Location or I open the URI in a web browser and then
highlight and hit Ctrl+C in the location bar, it gets copied to the
clipboard as text/plain and pastes correctly in the composer.

So the question is how are you guys copying the URI text that it's
winding up in the clipboard as text/uri-list?