Re: [Evolution] Three tough problems in Eudora to Evolution transition

On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 22:16 -0800, Vern McGeorge wrote:
My second problem is that I have 43 email addresses defined in my
domain and thus 43 accounts defined in Evolution. When I
"Send/Receive" email, I get problems with multiple threads hanging
while "Fetching Mail" and multiple pop-ups asking for the password for
many of my accounts. The accounts are all defined to "Remember
Password" for both POP and SMTP.
I suspect that what's going on is some sort of resource collision or
exhaustion caused by 43 threads all trying to check mail at the same
time but I can't figure out how to get things to happen at a more
orderly 10 at a time. I'd put up with 1 at a time to fix this.

You could consider using fetchmail && procmail to download your email
from some or all of these accounts and place it in the correct evolution
account.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2009-October/msg00372.html

Hmmm -- it's not obvious in the above email (apparently i snipped one
line too many), but the procmail file starts with...

$ cat .procmailrc
LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmailrc.log