Re: [Evolution] How to make Evolution remember its main window size--revisited

Dear colleagues,
   I am adding to this thread from last summer because a new piece
of information has come to light which might help someone give me
the answer.
   The problem was and is that, at least in RedHat EL5 with
Evo 2.12.3, after a reboot, Evo comes up with a small default
window size.  After it is resized, the new size comes back when
Evo dies, as it does about twice a day, and is restarted from its
panel icon.  Previous posts on this list mostly suggested using
gconf editor to adjust the window size.  In my hands, the size
set in this manner was not remembered.
   The new information is this:  I noticed that the small window
only comes up when Evo is on the desktop and the desktop setup
is remembered so Evo starts up automatically after the reboot
and restart of X.  If I remove Evo from the remembered setup
[I'm not sure what I did to cause this, it just disappeared recently],
i.e. so Evo does not come up automatically when startx is done,
then start Evo from the control panel icon, it comes up with the
correct larger window size that I set it to last time.
   Does this make sense to anybody?  It looks like the remembered
startup configuration is stored somewhere with a wrong window size,
and if I could find and edit that, instead of the startup window
size set in gconf editor and used when starting from the panel icon,
then everything would be OK.
   Many thanks for any insight on this,
   George Reeke