Re: [Evolution] IMAP namespace

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 17:44 +0100, Volker Jordan wrote:
What is this Override server-supplied folder namespace
option for ?

Frankly, I have no idea and I can't find any documentation for it in
Evo. However the IMAP RFC
(http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3501.html#ixzz0d5XU1BxS) says:

        For example, implementations which offer access to USENET
        newsgroups MAY use the "#news" namespace to partition the USENET
        newsgroup namespace from that of other mailboxes. Thus, the
        comp.mail.misc newsgroup would have a mailbox name of
        "#news.comp.mail.misc", and the name "comp.mail.misc" can refer
        to a different object (e.g., a user's private mailbox).

I'm reasonably sure you can't use this to change Evo's view of the
namespace from INBOX-rooted to anonymous-rooted. If other MUAs allow
this, fine, but that in itself doesn't mean that what they are doing is
standards-compliant. Note that Evo does tend to be very strict in that
regard. Perhaps one of the devs can illuminate this point.

poc