Re: [Evolution] IMAP namespace

Am Dienstag, den 19.01.2010, 17:44 +0100 schrieb Volker Jordan:
Am Dienstag, den 19.01.2010, 11:52 -0430 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:

I have evolution 2.22.3.1 connecting to a courier with maildir and I
want that the inbox is in the same level as the subfolders.

You can't change that from Evolution as it depends on the way Courier is
configured. IMAP by default has this organization (Inbox as the root of
the user's folder tree), but some implementations, including Cyrus,
allow the administrator to configure an "anonymous root folder" from
which all others, including Inbox, descend. Note that this is a
system-wide option, not per-user. I don't know if Courier supports it,
but if so you'll have to convince your admin to make the change.

I know, that IMAP has this root folder, but in most mail clients I can
tell the program the namespace and then they show the inbox in the same
level as the subfolders. (even the MS mail client does this). Why not
evolution ? What is this Override server-supplied folder namespace
option for ?

PS BTW Evo 2.22 is fairly old. It wouldn't matter in this case, but the
current stable version is 2.28.x

Yes, but debian only has this version.

You can build it yourself.
I could give you my "cooking recipe" for 2.28, if you are somewhat
familiar with building gnu software and using a terminal.

--
thomas