Re: [Evolution] Using multiple address books and multiple accounts

On 1/7/2010 7:06 PM, James Pifer wrote:
A second much smaller problem is this. I access a couple different pop3
accounts. In thunderbird they were kept more separate. In evolution
everything for pop3 goes under "On This Computer". Is it possible to
separate pop3 accounts?

Why would I want this? Well in thunderbird, if I'm in the Inbox on one
of my pop3 accounts and compose new mail, it knows the right From/Reply
address to use. Right now I have to remember to select it manually. I
also like each pop3 account to have it's own structure for Inbox, Trash,
Sent, Drafts, etc. Right now I have a couple filters that handle this
and I created the structure manually. I also have an IMAP account and
that one is separated from the others.

you might use fetchmail + procmail to do this, with each pop account mapped to a local evo account named appropriately. I have something somewhat setup like this at work, with my home ISP email being pulled/processed and placed into an evo maildir account but leaving the email on the pop server to be actually downloaded at home later.