Re: [Evolution] Help! Evolution completely unstable, hanging up

On Mon, 2010-12-20 at 12:39 +0000, sean hunt wrote:
Hello

I hope someone can help me sort this problem out.  Evolution was working
fine.  Then one day it started doing very strange things, downloading
messages in a hanging-loop, (red x message beside process).  Now it even
hangs when I try to shut it down.

I have tried completely uninstalling evolution many times but this
doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone suggest how to completely uninstall evolution and associated
files and then re-install.  I suspect it will be ok if I can accomplish
this.

I see from your separate message (which BTW is not in the same thread,
what's that about?) that you fixed this, but if you need help in the
future please remember to give at least a minimum of information that
might give us a clue, such as the version of Evo and whether your
account is POP or IMAP.

poc