Re: [Evolution] Date Format

On Sun, 2010-12-19 at 08:26 -0600, Barbara Tobias wrote:
I am using Ubuntu 10.10 and Evolution 2.30.3 and rely heavily on the
calendar reminders.  I have just realized that, although I have (under
Edit | Preferences |Calendar and Tasks | Display) the format set to
M/D/Y, reminders are showing up as though they were entered as D/M/Y.
For instance, a birthday reminder for September 12, 2010 just popped up
a couple of days ago as a reminder for 12/9/2010.  I have also noticed
that, although I have set the time format (under Edit | Preferences |
Calendar and Tasks | General) to 12 hour (AM/PM), when I enter an
appointment, it immediately changes the time to 24 hour format.

Is there another setting somewhere that should be changed?

In general Evo takes its localization info from the locale (i.e. the
LC_* environment variables) which are set in the shell before running
Evo. Thus for example I have LC_TIME set to en_GB so the date formats
look right (:-). However if the preferences setting isn't being obeyed
by reminders then it would seem to be a bug, so maybe you should report
it to BZ.

poc