Re: [Evolution] Evolution displays appointments in menubar dropdown but not in Calendar

On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 10:00 +0100, Elisabeth wrote:
I can add an appointment to the Calendar by choosing New and then
clicking on the 'save current page' icon (top-left).

"Save current page"??? Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about.

However, these appointments do not appear in the appointments panel in
Evolution but do appear in the drop-down menu in the menu bar.

Which "drop-down menu"?

Further : "Evolution Mail" appears in 'Applications-Internet' menu and
"Evolution and Calendar" appears in 'Applications-Office' menu.

Yes, that seems reasonable.  Most distributions structure it that way.
Evolution has Mail, Calendar, Tasks, and Memo modes (sub-applications).

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Evolution a number of times. If
anything matters are getting worse. I've experience a crash as well.

What was the crash error message?  Did you file a bug-report? [Note that
Ubuntu, in their infinite wisdom, ships an old version of Evolution].

When Evolution has been uninstalled, a number of Evolution related
plugins and libraries are still listed in the Ubuntu Software Center.

Yes, that is because Evolution components are used by other GNOME
components.

1  How can I stabalize the application?

Adequately describe the issue.  If you have a crash situation then run
"evolution" from GNOME terminal and when it crashes you should see some
kind of error message.

2  Is the menubar drop down menu part of Evolution?

I don't know what "menubar" you are talking about; if you mean GNOME's
panel menu than, no, that is setup/configured by the distribution
[Ubuntu, in your case].