[Evolution] Evo freezes when loading

Had this problem a few weeks ago, installed Tbird, and Evo started working again. :) But it's back. The GUI loads, but all panes are empty. Mailbox panel only shows "search" rather than my mailboxes. All buttons and icons are unresponsive. I can close using "x" which gives me the "not responding - force quit" dialogue.

I'm running Evo 2.28.3 on Ubuntu 10.04.

It was fine this morning, but when I switched on after lunch the problem was back. I did have updates this morning , but nothing for Evo.

Any solutions?
TIA
Dianne