Re: [Evolution] different From- and To-Header for different folders

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 22:53:45 -0430 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 17:18 +0200, Bjoern Schiessle wrote:
If you set up account info for each of your different addresses,
this should happen automatically. It does for me.

What do you mean exactly? I have a account for every mail address I
use. The complete Inbox comes from one IMAP account.

I've no idea what that means. If you're using IMAP, *each* account has
its own Inbox. When you're in that Inbox (or indeed any folder belong to
that account), the default From address will be set correctly.

Sorry for not being precious enough. I have only *one* IMAP account.
This account has several folders:

INBOX
INBOX.gnome
INBOX.gnome.evolution
INBOX.work
etc.

Now I want to set different "From"-header (identities) to different
folders because for work mails I use a different email address than for
private mails, than for mailing lists, etc.

Additionally for folders which contain mails from a mailing list I would
like to set the "To"-header by default to the mailing list. Because if I'm
located at the folder of an mailing list generally I want to write to the
list. As you wrote in your other mail this seems not possible.

Both are behaviors I used in Mutt, Gnus and Claws-Mail. Now I would like
to use Evolution at one of my systems due the good GNOME integration. But
I would like to keep this IMHO really useful behavior.

best wishes,
BjÃrn

--
BjÃrn SchieÃle                                  (http://www.schiessle.org)