Re: [Evolution] Building Evolution

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 09:29:40AM -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 07:52 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
Paul Smith wrote up a custom Makefile to automate most of the process
of building Evolution from git.  See
http://mad-scientist.us/evolution.html

Note that Paul's Makefile is for Ubuntu. Presumably other Debian-like
systems could use it without too much effort. If anyone feels like doing
a version for Fedora (or rpm-based systems in general) I'm sure they
would earn the plaudits of a grateful community :-)

poc

The makefile will work for other distros.  I use it with gentoo.

Just set DISTRO empty here.  As long as your system has the required
prerequisites, or as long as you setup the makefile itself to pull them
down and build them, it should work

# What distro you use, for checking that all prerequisite packages for a
# successful build are installed.  The currently supported distros are
# listed in the DISTROS variable below.
# If yours is not one of these, set this to empty and take your
# chances!
DISTRO :=