Re: [Evolution] comparison to Thunderbird

On 24/04/2010 4:54 AM, Write Me wrote:
Dear All

I am a frustrated Thunderbird (Kubuntu) user who cannot get full access
to the printing options. I have tried a fix that was assertive and had
success for others but did not work for me. I have been trying for over
a year.

I have used other distros and always had the same problem. Firefox gives
me full access to all the printing options and always has.

So now I have had enough and wish to move away from Thunderbird. I have
looked at KMail and Evolution. Both give me full access to the printing
options, and Evolution is the better inteface. But alas, alack I cannot
see how to make separate inboxes etc for each account. I have five
e-mail accounts and wish that they retain their separate inbox, drafts,
Trash etc.

In my Windows days I used Outlook Express but had to make separate
profiles and move between them to administer different e-mail accounts.
Of course there were no printing issues either. When I discovered
Thunderbird in Windows I was a very happy man.

It is the transition to Linux that is held up by these anomalies.
Imagine in this sophisticated Linux era not being able to chose which
quality of print you wish to do. Silly really.

Any help aor advise appreciated

Stephen, Swansea, South Wales