Re: [Evolution] Error while Expunging folder

Am Montag, den 19.04.2010, 23:14 -0400 schrieb Jonathan Jacobs:
This is the full error message when I click on the yellow triangle.

Error while Expunging folder.

Error storing '~/.evolution/mail/local/Newsletters (mbox)':
Error storing '~/.evolution/mail/local/Sent (mbox)':
Error storing '~/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox (mbox)':
Summary and folder mismatch, even after a sync.

I clicked on the link that was provided to me in this discussion and it said:
[ Why do I get an error "Summary and folder mismatch, even after a sync"?

If you get an error pop up like: "Error while Expunging folder. Error storing
`~/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox (mbox)': Summary and folder mismatch, even after a sync.". Try the following
operations:

    * Stop evolution completely with the command "evolution --force-shutdown"
    * Remove the corresponding files with the file ending ".ev-summary" and ".ibex.index", in this example
you should remove the file "~/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox.ev-summary" and
"~/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox.ibex.index".
    * Restart evolution, it will be slow to come up because it recreates the indexes. ]

I did the following steps for not only the inbox but the other folders in question.

17MB is entirely reasonable so that doesn't look like the problem.

Try the following: Create a folder named tmp or whatever. Select the
folder in question and use "Copy" via right-mouse pop-up or from the
"Folder" main menu to copy it to the tmp folder. Now, select this new
folder and try expunge. If that works, just remove the original folder
and move the new folder from tmp to the main root.

--
thomas