Re: [Evolution] unsubscribe

On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 11:03 +0200, Patryk Benderz wrote:
[cut]
Read this and unsubscribe yourself ^^^^
I just wonder... on most (or even all) of other ML I am subscribed to,
it is sufficient to send a post with "unsubscribe" subject, and it
automagically deletes your mail from ML. Why it is not solved this way
here?

This list is managed with Mailman (http://www.list.org), so that's how
it works. Mailman is used for all the GNU mailing lists, the Fedora
lists, and a huge number of other lists both public and private. Other
mailing lists use other software (much of it commercial), which works
differently.

It's trivially easy to unsubscribe if the user just reads the
instructions. Nothing can be done for people who can't be bothered to do
this, except encourage them to take the trouble.

However, you actually *can* unsubscribe via mail, see
http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030537. Thus, someone
could unsubscribe from this list by sending a message (any message, it
doesn't matter) to <evolution-list-leave gnome org>.

However saying this is probably a waste of time since the intended
audience isn't going to read it.

poc