Re: [Evolution] Recurring Problem with Sent Mail Folder

On Sun, 2010-04-04 at 07:50 -0500, Barbara Tobias wrote:
I am using Evolution 2.28.1 and Ubuntu 9.4.  Some weeks ago, my sent
folder became corrupted.  Thanks to some help from this list, I was able
to delete the folder and have it start accumulating outgoing mail again.
However, yesterday I noticed that it had happened again.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?  I now know how to fix it,
but still lose some history of what I've done, and I'd like to avoid
that if possible.

Your earlier problem appeared to have been caused by corruption of the
Sent mbox file (though I don't think you confirmed that). If it happened
again the first thing to check would be if any other app could be
writing to the file simultaneously, e.g. another mail app. That would be
a bad idea in general.

poc