[Evolution] Left margin annoyance with external content

Evo 2.28/Ubuntu Linux 9.10

        hi,
My messages are in simple text. I have a problem with the left margin.
How can I edit it on a per message basis, or as default?

Problem a/b:
a. When I redact a simple text message in Evo, the left margin applies
to the full body of the message. However, when I redact some paragraphs
in a text editor (gedit, vim) and past them, the left margin does not
apply to these paragraphs. The message body has a mix output: some
content with left margin, some content without.

b. I use an application called Zim (http://zim-wiki.org/), the function
(Send to) creates a text message without left margin (?). If I add some
paragraphs in the Evo message window, they will have a left margin. The
message has a mix output: some content without margin, some content with
left margin.
        thanks
        nomnex