Re: [Evolution] Alternative to Evolution's trash handling

On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 14:26 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 12:07 -0400, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:
On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 11:30 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On 09/29/2009 10:56 AM, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:
What about a move to trash allure? Seems like that might satisfy Everyone's concern...Sometimes the
technically correct choice isn't always practical;-)
You'll have to explain that. I don't know what you mean by "trash allure".
Just make the Trash folder act like the search folders. So you're
keeping the mark for deletion style but a copy(linkto the msg) is
visible in the "Trash" folder. This way you're not changing any
protocol or technology applied, your just playing with the way deleted
messages are seen...just a thought.

1.) Wouldn't fix the issue for people who use multiple MUAs.
2.) Deleted messages in what folders would be included in the Trash
search folder?  Just INBOX, all personal folder, or all folders
[including shared]?  Even just all-personal could get
really-frackin-huge;  I know I wouldn't be too thrilled about a mail
client that enumerated the contents of every folder I had access to.

As I said before, *this is what Evo already does*. See for example
http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#Why_do_I_have_two_Trash_folders_for_the_same_account.3F and
http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#I_deleted_a_bunch_of_mail_but_my_mailbox_is_just_as_big_as_before._Why.3F

poc