[Evolution] Virtual folders only show recently visited folders?

I have a virtual folder that does not seem to be picking up recent items
from some of its source folders.

The virtual folder V has folder sources A, B, C...  The folder sources
are all on an IMAP server on localhost.  When I visit V I see all the
old headers, but it does not reflect recent activity in, e.g., folder B.
If I then go and visit B, when I return to V the headers for B are
displayed.

It's possible the headers are being displayed out of sequence; my
display for V is date sorted and I don't see recent stuff from B at the
bottom.

I know that V will not necessarily show contents of inactive accounts,
but I am visiting V after visiting some of the folders in the IMAP
server.

Can anyone explain what is going on, or offer a solution?

Thanks.

Ross Boylan

Evolution 2.22.3.1 with a Cyrus 2.2 IMAP server.