Re: [Evolution] Evolution Crashes frequently

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 21:23 -0700, David L wrote:
On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 7:26 AM, David L wrote:
<snip>
evolution crashes for me all the time.  I send the bug buddy reports
but they seem to go into a black hole recently in fedora... I get links
to some gnome bug page that doesn't exist.

For example, I just tried to report my semi-daily evolution crash
and got this link:
http://crash.gnome.org/report/index/48dac56a-9dc0-11de-ac45-0007e9333148?date=2009-09-10-04

When I click on this link, I get this message:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Servers sometimes go offline. That's life. If it happens frequently then
yes, there's a problem.

It doesn't inspire confidence the somebody is looking at all
the bug reports I send in.  I noticed fedora12 will have a
new bug reporting feature:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ABRTF12

Maybe that will work better.?  In the mean time, am I just
wasting my time reviewing the crash details and reporting
evolution bugs using bug buddy?

Presumably that will report to the Fedora Bugzilla rather than the Gnome
one. That's not a problem in itself (if it's not a specific Fedora
problem it will eventually be pushed upstream).

poc