Re: [Evolution] SMTP - How can I tell if a problem is Evo or in the ISP?

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 17:50 +0100, Steve T wrote:
    Good afternoon.
I have been using Evo with various EMail accounts. Each account has
it's own remote pop and smtp server (ie yahoo for personal stuff and
my business accounts). All of this has been working fine until this
afternoon. Now, the outbound mail (from one account) seems to sit in
the outbox (although the sendmail 'display' shows 1 0f 1 messages
being sent - the progress bar stays at 0) and after a while I get the
attached message:
Is this a problem with Evolution or a problem with my smtp provider?

Years ago one could set the environment variable "CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG";
and run evolution like "CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 evolution".  Then you'd
see the SMTP chatter on standard-out.  I assume that still works.

Evolution 2.8.3 on FC6

That is pretty old!