Re: [Evolution] Replies to text + html e-mail

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 07:08 +0800, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 18:54 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 18:22 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 15:28 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
I only send text/plain e-mail.  But I get lots of text/plain + text/html
messages.  But when I go to reply to these messages Evolution still
seems to be replying to the text/html part and not the text/plain part;
for instance quoting is weird, occasionally there are unremovable blank
lines, etc...  Editing the reply message can be frustrating.  Is there a
setting to reply using the text/plain part?
Do you have Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences->HTML Messages->HTML
Mode set to Prefer Plain?

It is set to Only-ever-show-PLAIN

I can confirm the OP's situation, it does not seem possible to specify
that your reply email to an email with HTML be in plain text. I'm using
'Prefer Plain' myself, and I resort to copy-pasting the contents of the
mail into a newly composed mail. In my case, the combination of a dark
theme with white words and users who email me with white backgrounds
makes some of my replies 'typing blind'.

If there's a multipart/alternative part in plain text, then the reply
can also be plain. If the original is only in HTML I think the reply is
forced to HTML, which could be viewed as a bug. We do want to encourage
the use of plain text after all :-)

I'd suggest Bugzilla for this.

poc