Re: [Evolution] evo really slow with large folders

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 09:19 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Either upgrade Ubuntu, or compile Evo from source. Paul Smith has a page
which should help you compile for Ubuntu:
http://mad-scientist.us/evolution.html

Just a note that my makefile is woefully out of date... for example,
Gnome switched to GIT from SVN, but my makefile still deals in SVN.

Luckily, thanks to lots of help from folks out there on the intertubes
and because we finally finished (or anyway released) the new product
I've been working on at my "real job", just last week I started trying
to get a new version working.

I was able to build everything up to but, sadly, not including the
Evolution MAPI component on my Ubuntu Jaunty system.  There are still
some very rough edges to get things working on my Ubuntu Hardy (8.04)
system: there are a LOT more libraries/etc. that need to be built on
Hardy since it's so old.

Still, progress is being made...