Re: [Evolution] evo really slow with large folders

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 09:26 -0400, Jay Daniels wrote:
On Sun, 2009-09-06 at 20:06 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sun, 2009-09-06 at 12:24 -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
I guess some of this discussion belongs on the developer list, but my
first question is as a user: is there anything I can do to improve the

Start by upgrading to a current version of Evo, such as 2.26. It has a
different indexing system which might help.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but...

How do I get current version of evo on Ubuntu Hardy 8.04?  Using

Ubuntu experts say it will not be backported because of dependencies or
would take a lot of work.

Either upgrade Ubuntu, or compile Evo from source. Paul Smith has a page
which should help you compile for Ubuntu: