Re: [Evolution] Why I must stop using Evolution

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 19:28 +0000, Art Alexion wrote:
Thanks for the explanation.  That makes sense.  Lacking a notification
from gnome, kde or the OS, could evolution be made to test for a
network connection and abort interval checking until it detects one,
or would that cause too much of a problem when the network is normally
up?

If I understand you correctly, it already drops offline automatically
when NetworkManager reports a disconnect.  But it's not clear whether
NetworkManager emits any useful notifications prior to a hibernate or
suspend that we could key off.  I would expect such notifications to
come from the session manager.

Matthew Barnes