Re: [Evolution] Why I must stop using Evolution

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 12:46 -0400, Harald Beck wrote:

* If I start the computer from hibernating (having Evolution started
before hibernating), I'm prompted for the password for one of my two
mail accounts -- without effect (endless loop); so I have to cancel.
This does not happen, if I shutdown the computer, and start Evolution
as
usual. (That problem seemed to be linked with using ubuntu; but why
does
it work for the other account!?)

With Ubuntu 9.04, Kmail and Evolution both display this behavior.  The
problem is that the MUAs start trying to retrieve mail before the
hibernating computer re-establishes a network connection.  The reason
you are not getting this problem with the other account may be that your
two accounts are set for different polling intervals, and the
non-problem account isn't hitting the server before the network is back
up.

--
Art Alexion
Resources for Human Development, Inc.          215-951-0300 x3075