Re: [Evolution] top versus bottom posting and the"control-L"function

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 15:41 -0400, Derek McDaniel wrote:
On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 15:33 -0400, Derek McDaniel wrote:
Plus, I prefer not to trim because if I am on my BB, and I didn't read
the first post, I can read the middle and understand the gist of
everything.

Am I the only one getting that's getting a *really* bad feeling about
the long-term effect of the BB on email in general? Outlook was bad
enough, and now we have to make allowances for people on phones?

poc

Tech support is much easier to carry around a BB than it is to carry around
a laptop. Its the way things are moving in general. I would much rather read
my email on the go.

The whole point of my suggestion is that I like choice, as do a lot of
others. We'll NEVER get the bottom-posters to agree that anything other
than bottom-posting is acceptable, and you'll NEVER get people who
aren't aware of the argument or who are agnostic to its outcome to
follow all the rules unless they're enforced by ALL clients which will
never happen.

So why not please all parties as best as possible? :)

-

Benjamin May
Sr. Research Analyst
+(212) 851-4772