Re: [Evolution] Inbox too large

On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 08:33 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
I would strongly advise everyone to turn off the "Hide Deleted
Messages"
function - at least then you can see what is happening.

Ditto; "hide delete" is a mis-feature [required by that set of users
who completely refuse to use e-mail correctly].  The best advice is
not to use it,  that way you are visually encouraged to perform Ctrl-E
at logical intervals.

This may be good advice for beginners, but I use Hide Deleted so I can
see more real messages in one go. In what way am I "refusing to use
e-mail correctly"?

Perhaps a visual cue such as a colour change in the folder's name would
be useful, to indicate folders with deleted messages in them.

poc