Re: [Evolution] Inbox too large

On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 13:25 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 02:00 -0700, anders70 wrote:
Now I have realized that I should have used the 'Expunge' function after
moving mails out of the Inbox, in order to ensure they are actually removed
from the Inbox file.
I would strongly advise everyone to turn off the "Hide Deleted Messages"
function - at least then you can see what is happening.

Ditto; "hide delete" is a mis-feature [required by that set of users who
completely refuse to use e-mail correctly].  The best advice is not to
use it,  that way you are visually encouraged to perform Ctrl-E at
logical intervals.

Some sort of warning/reminder that the Inbox file is reaching a a ridiculous
size might be nice in future versions, along with an advice to use the
Expunge function :-)
It depends what you mean by a "ridiculous size"!  Some people get
stressed if they have a inbox with more than a couple of messages in it!
Others keep their whole life in it - and get really, really stressed if
you even hint that they might have to reduce the size of their 2Gb inbox
with 40,000 messages in it.

I've got one mailbox with >400,000 messages! :)