Re: [Evolution] Dealing with junk in Evo

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 16:20 +0000, Dianne Reuby wrote:
One thing I haven't got to grips with on Evo is junk. I regularly mark
offers of medication as junk, and I've tried to create filters
specifying those names in the subject line should be moved to junk, but
Evo doesn't allow this. I can't choose the Junk mailbox when creating
filters.

That's because 'Junk' is a virtual folder - as someone else has said,
you need to mark the mail as junk and it will be listed in the Junk
folder.

Where can I find out more about how Evo deals with junk and spam, and
how I can manage it better?

It uses either bogofilter or spamassassin as external applications to
scan for spam.  If they aren't behaving properly then you need to train
them either manually or using the 'junk'/'not junk' buttons.

P.