[Evolution] deleting ~/.evolution/cache/

When Evolution is not running, could deleting the files in ~/.evolution/cache/ cause random contacts to disappear?

I write a system cleaner which cleans Evolution[1] (among other things like logs, temp files, etc.), and one user has complained a few of his contacts have disappeared[1].  I cannot reproduce the problem on the same system (Ubuntu 9.10, Evolution 2.28.1).

[1] http://bleachbit.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/bleachbit/trunk/cleaners/evolution.xml?revision=1191&view=markup
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bleachbit/+bug/480317

I notice the local contacts are only stored in  ~/addressbook/local/system/addressbook.db{,summary}

Andrew