Re: [Evolution] attachment.dat

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 11:15 -0500, ElectronJockey wrote:
It seems that the "view inline" menu option isn't there with a .dat
file, hence my confusion.

-----Original Message-----
From: Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] attachment.dat
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 17:04:35 +0100

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 10:22 -0500, ElectronJockey wrote:
I think Milan alluded to
being able to view the message in-line, but I don't see that. Did he
mean viewing the list of attachments?

      Hi,
see the attached screenshot, there you can do that (and when clicking
the button with a green arrow. But only with attachment.html
attachments, which should be there after a fix in the bug I gave a link
to.

I hope it's completely clear now.
      Bye,
      Milan

Could you explain what the issue with setting the preference to "Prefer
Plain Text" vs "Only Show Plain Text" is?

with the former, emails with plain text display as plain text
                 emails with html and plain text display as plain text
                 html/.dat emails with no plain text display as html

In all cases above, if composer preferences are set to plain text and
forward/reply/inline all outgoing email will be plain text.