Re: [Evolution] suggest

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Art Alexion wrote:
Funny, but I doubt, accurate.

I have to delete my indexes every few days to display all messages in a folder, and evo rarely displays an
accurate unread count.  This makes it impossible to deploy evo beyond the IT department.

But I never have to back up and start from scratch. And if I did have to start from scratch, I'd be wary of
restoring from a backup that may contain the nasty problem.

It's pretty accurate actually.  Since we have an exchange server, "from scratch"
is basically the same thing as deleting my indexes.  It takes me about
30 seconds
to set up evolution for a blank account to connect to my exchange server and
about an hour to regenerate the indexes for all of the mail in my exchange
folders.  But you're right, I don't start have to start completely from scratch.
It just feels that way.

Cheers...

                David

What evo version is Novell now distributing with SLED? Is it fairly stable the way 2.6 was with SLED 10.1?

--
Art Alexion
MIS/Central Office Support