Re: [Evolution] Problem viewing calendars on multiple machines

Ummmm... no offense, but just looking at your instructions for changing
machines makes me think that the design of evolution is a bit insane.  I
really don't feel like what I want to do should be that difficult.  I figured
since evolution is the default calendar for most linux systems, it wouldn't
be... well such a pain to work with on multiple machines.

The issue really is that Evo is a client program, it was never designed
to offer the data that it uses to other programs, it was designed to be
a consumer of data from elsewhere.

As others have pointed out there *are* programs that will successfully
extract data from Evo and synch it with another data source, but they
mostly rely on having some external synch server - that can be a 3rd
party, or you could run a server locally, but it's not a 30 second job
to do.

If it is only calendars you want to sync, then I suppose you might get
some mileage out of playing with the calendar.ics files.  But as poc
said, you should definitely make sure that Evo isn't running when you
synchronise - and I'm sure the Evo developers would point out that the
consequences of playing with the .ics files in Evo's local store is
undefined!

P.