[Evolution] Unread message count (again)

I'm still getting an occasional inconsistency between the unread message
count in the folder pane and the actual number of unread messages in the
message pane. This is with real folders, not search folders. It's
currently happening with a Gmail folder but I don't think that's
important.

Could the "Refresh" action (right-click on folder name and select
Refresh) not just fix this? In fact why is it even necessary for the
user to fix it? Does Evo not *know* it's showing two contradictory
pieces of information?

I recently updated to 2.24.5 and the problem is still there.

poc