Re: [Evolution] Inserting a place to start typing

On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 00:38 -0400, Ken Green wrote:
When replying to emails, the cursor is at the upper left corner where
        the previous email is being quoted.  I have to hit the entry
        keys several times and then hit the home and page up keys to
        create a clean space to start typing my reply.

        Thunderbird allows a space to start typing above the quote of
        the old email.

        Can several blank lines be made at the top so a person can start
        typing immediately?

I *strongly* oppose this, as it would effectively say that top-posting
is OK, when in many contexts (including this list) it is not. The point
about placing the cursor at the top is to permit easier editing of
quoted material, something many people don't seem to grasp
unfortunately.

See the recent thread on this topic.

poc