Re: [Evolution] Posting New Articles to Usenet Using Evolution 2.26.1

On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 08:33 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
Hrm.  That still requires I expand the account I have subscribed to
newsgroup folders to find the one I want to post to.  How about some
group name completion/pulldown action in the Post To: field similar to
how the To: and Cc: fields operate?

You can also select the collapsed news account and click New.  That will
bring the composer up with an empty Post-To: field and you can choose
folders through the "Posting Destination" dialog.  But I like the idea
of adding folder completion to that field.  I'll look into that.

What about reply[-all] in a vfolder when a newsgroup is a member of the
vfolder?  Is that working?

I didn't know about that, so I assume not.  Couldn't find a bug for this
in Bugzilla.  Can you file one, or point me an existing one?

Since we are RFEing about newsgroups, it would be nice if a mouseover on
newsgroup names showed a tooltip with the news group name in it.  Those
names are long and obscured either by the short style naming
("g.c.w.s.general" -- huh?  which group is that really?) or usually
hidden off the end of the folder pane (unless you have your folder pane
taking up half of your screen).

Makes sense.  I'd like to add tooltips to all folders, actually.

Matthew Barnes