Re: [Evolution] Posting New Articles to Usenet Using Evolution 2.26.1

On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 08:17 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:

I finally fixed this brain-dead behavior in 2.27.

Awesome!

In newer versions you
just have to select a newsgroup folder and click New.

Hrm.  That still requires I expand the account I have subscribed to
newsgroup folders to find the one I want to post to.  How about some
group name completion/pulldown action in the Post To: field similar to
how the To: and Cc: fields operate?

Obviously the completion and pulldown will search subscribed news
groups, not address books.  I'd also like this to be more like wildcard
matching that completion though, in that it matches "*<what-i-type>*" so
that I could type "squid" and it would show me
gmane.comp.web.squid.general in the pulldown.

The composer will
show the appropriate fields for a newsgroup article.  It will also react
appropriately to changing the From: account.

What about reply[-all] in a vfolder when a newsgroup is a member of the
vfolder?  Is that working?

Since we are RFEing about newsgroups, it would be nice if a mouseover on
newsgroup names showed a tooltip with the news group name in it.  Those
names are long and obscured either by the short style naming
("g.c.w.s.general" -- huh?  which group is that really?) or usually
hidden off the end of the folder pane (unless you have your folder pane
taking up half of your screen).

Cheers,
b.