Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.26.2 + evolution-mapi-0.26.2 crashing

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 15:31 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 20:42 +0200, FrÃdÃric SOSSON wrote:
My plateform is Ubuntu 9.04, I compiled Evolution 2.26.2 through
dpkg-buildpackage using "debian" folder from Evolution 2.26.0 source
package provided in Ubuntu 9.04.

When I say "it crashes" I mean that the window configuration
disappears at Exchange MAPI step.

Try using the IP address for your MAPI server, instead of the hostname.

That works for me with the standard Evo in Jaunty.  I have no idea
whether it's been fixed or not.  Note that this bug is probably in the
libmapi library, not in Evo itself, so if you're not building a new
libmapi then you won't get that fix (if indeed it is fixed--I don't
know).

The 'using Host name crashes' problem, IMHO is a build problem in
ubuntu.

iirc I fixed something related to that in some internal builds. This
happened because of symbol table namespace pollution caused by samba3
and samba4 libraries.

--
Johnny [johnnyjacob.wordpress.com | johnnyjacob.org]

"May you share freely, never taking more than you give "