Re: [Evolution] MAPI Troubles with Evolution 2.26.1

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 14:25 -0500, Thomas Shannon wrote:
Hi,

I have an account on a hosted Exchange 2007 server. The company's name
is 4smartphone.net. I've been having a pretty difficult time getting
hooked up to Evolution (2.26.1)

I'm using Ubuntu 9.04.  I installed the MAPI plugin via the
evolution-mapi package (2.26.0.1). There are no instructions for hooking
things up on the company's website (of course) but there are
instructions for the Mac (which I got to work on mine):

How to connect Microsoft Entourage 2004 SP2 to the Exchange Server

--
1. Start Microsoft Entourage. Choose Tools > Accounts from the menu on
the top.
2. Switch to the Exchange tab and click New.
3. Click Create account manually button at the bottom of the dialog.
4. At the Account Settings tab please fill in the following information:
* Account name: 4SmartPhone Exchange
* Name: Type your mailbox Display Name
* Email address: Type your email address
* Account ID: Type your mailbox username
* . You can find this by navigating to âMS Exchange Server > Mailboxesâ,
clicking the required mailbox, and then the Advanced tab. Domain:
EXCH016
* Password: Type your mailbox password
* Exchange server: t/exchange/Type your email
address

Also please make sure to check This DAV service requires a secure
connection (SSL)
--

Based upon these instructions, I did the following with Evolution:

Server Type: Exchange MAPI

Server: owa016.msoutlookonline.net/exchange/myemail domain edu

Ok. Server field just takes a hostname. So it would be just
"owa016.msoutlookonline.net"

Username: tshannon_tshannon
Domain: EXCH016

I put in my password when prompted.

I get the following error:

Authenication Failed:
MapiLogonProvider:MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED

Do any of these settings look unusual? Is there some common mistake I
may be making? Any help would be appreciated.