Re: [Evolution] OT: Inappropriate messages on evolution-list

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 08:29 -0800, Marcus Rhodes wrote:
 You were fine until your second paragraph where you made yourself
just as guilty of expressing unsupported, off-topic opinion as fact.

Sure, ban them from further posts.  But, beyond that, let's just
ignore off-topic posts lest the posters succeed in dragging us all
down to their level.

...ummm - Not exactly. Even though I partially agree with your sentiment
about ignoring this stuff.

It is both my opinion and generally accepted fact that the content was
offensive. It is absolutely fact that the nature of the source of said
content is what it is. Pointing this out is not inappropriate.

The main point of my post was to validate that the original post and
content was probably the work of a spam artist. This leads to that we
probably need to take additional measures to protect the list - beyond
ignoring the post.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan once said, "Everyone is entitled to his own
opinion, but not to his own facts." It's important to understand and
draw the difference between the two.

And this will be my last post on this topic...

--
"Ninety-nine percent of the failures

--George Washington Carver