Re: [Evolution] Junk email - please help!

On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 15:08 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
You haven't said how you retrieve mail from the server: pop, imap,
exchange??
   Sorry...exchange connector.

You said to Patrick that you use imap??
   Sheesh, so I did. He said pop/map and I just didn't think. I use imap
with Thunderbird. Sorry, this is the old connector.

No problem - have you tried connecting to the server using Evo IMAP
instead of connector?
  No. I guess that might be worth a try, but I am really using evo for
the calendar interface. It didn't occur to me that the spam filtering
would be different for different mail access protocols.

   I cannot remember what went wrong with the junk folder originally,
but I am pretty sure I don't want a real one, I want an evo virtual one.
A real one would just get in the way, no?

No, they are separate entities - a server side junk folder is just
another folder to Evo (that just happens to be called "junk") - you can
have a virtual folder and a real folder called "junk" without any
problems.
   OK, well, I have not seen a virtual one for over 6 months.

Have you tried creating a search folder for mail with a status of junk
and see if it comes up with anything?

That sounds well worth a try. I am probably bein stupid though - I
cannot see how to do it?

P.