Re: [Evolution] Problems with Linux Version

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 12:55 -0600, hggdh wrote:

Actually, no, this is not what Sebastien said. He said *he* is busy
with Jaunty, but *anyone* wanting to help is welcome.

Yeah.  The end result will be what, do you think?

It seems so much effort these days always goes into the next release and
not enough spent maintaining the current release -- the release most
people have to deal with day-to-day.

For example, you.

If only I had the time.  I'm afraid I am no longer a young, single
person who has loads of his own free time to hack away at code.  I did a
lot of that in back in those days, but those days are gone for me now
and I have too many other real-life demands and responsibilities to have
much time to hack any more.

Please remember that we need, and welcome,
contributors.

Yeah, I know and understand -- and I did a fair share of that kind of
contributing when I was able to -- unfortunately for Ubuntu this was way
before its' time.

I'm afraid I just don't have the bandwidth to contribute like that any
more.  As it is, I already spend way too much of my time lately filing
bugs on evolution (and it seems all-too-many other applications) and
testing and filing, and testing and filing, etc.

b.