Re: [Evolution] Evolution newbie questions

On Sat, 2009-02-07 at 20:07 -0600, Chris wrote:
I've just finished an install of Gnome on Mandriva 2009. First time I've
used Gnome and Evolution so pardon some probably simple questions.

1. I use a script for my signature. In all other MTA's I've used there
is a -- before the signature, I don't see that here in Evolution.
Where/how is it added? BTW, I added the -- manually on the below sig.

--
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C Live - The Rolling Stones - I can't get no
satisfaction (Absolute Classic Rock, live from London, UK Hi BR MP3)

The character sequence should be '-- '  i.e. two dashes and a space -
that's the standard sig separator that MUAs recognise (and hence why
your sig wasn't recognised as such by the mailling list software).

You need to include the sig separator as part of your signature, Evo
doesn't add it for you.  The sig script you use needs to output in HTML
so that the editor can format it correctly, so one of the shell scripts
I use starts:

        echo "-- <br>"
        echo "Pete&nbsp;Biggs<br>"

P.