Re: [Evolution] all i want...

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On 03/02/09 04:46, Pete Biggs wrote:
I think what I'm trying to say is that my feeling is that generally Evo is not less stable now than it was before - there would be much, much more grouching here if it were - but I get the impression that either some "edge cases" are suffering or there are some particular oddities in some isolated cases.
I've always had problems opening very large IMAP folders (one on Gmail, one not). In some previous Evos the entire UI would just freeze. In this version the folders can take forever to "scan for new messages" (typically just sitting at 0%), so much so that Evo often starts a *second* scan, presumably because the server poll interval has run out. Note that killing Evo and restarting immediately solves the problem, which rather begs the question of why Evo can't just do whatever it does without user intervention.

This is exactly what I'm seeing. IMAP database size is 6.5 GB. Takes forever to "scan for new messages", "fetching summary information" etc... Switching folders takes 20 seconds or longer. Pretty hard to use it with this level of performance.