Re: [Evolution] Suggestions on HTML mail/ML-reading

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 08:30 +0200, Patryk Benderz wrote:
[cut]
Not a satisfactory solution, having to alter email because the mail
reader can't handle it properly? HTML is often used for formatting that
isn't possible in plain text (tables, anybody?).
Read this please:
www.asciiribbon.org

Hi Patryk, thank you for the link. I'm aware of the problems with HTML
mail, and do not use it myself for out-going mail. Unfortunately, it is
not possible to control the behaviour and habits of those sending email
to me, so practicality suggests that proper support for HTML messages is
necessary. Which is evidenced by Evo's support for HTML.

What I'm asking about here isn't HTML's suitability for email, simply
whether I am able to select easily whether I want to view a particular
message in HTML or plain text. Specifically, I want to default to plain
text and have an easily accessible way to show the few mails which are
only generally readable in HTML as HTML.