Re: [Evolution] Evolution and Seahorse Encryption Key Manager

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 14:47 +0100, pjhannon wrote:
Hi
I am using Ubuntu 9:04 and each time I start Evolution Seahorse wants
me to do something about a password - can some kind person please tell
me how to make Seahorse stop or go away please. I have tied
uninstalling it but was told that it can't be uninstalled as
applications depend upon it.

Hi,

Although you do not really explain what is it Seahorse want you do to, I
will assume it is asking you to provide the passphrase to open the
keyring.

This means you have changed your login passphrase, and it no longer
matches Seahorse's login keyring passphrase.

All you need to do is run Seahorse (Applications/Accessories/Password
and Encryption Keys), select the Passwords tab, right-click on the Login
keyring, select "change passsword", and make it identical to your login
password.

Evolution, since a few releases, will always use Seahorse if it is
available. This is not an option.

Cheers,