Re: [Evolution] migration/biggs

On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 06:09, Pete Biggs wrote:

As someone else said, the best way would be to upload all your mail to
an IMAP server and then re-download it to your new installation - you
could possibly set up your own IMAP server locally to do it.

bg:

That's doable - I already have a separate mail server on premises
that serves as the firewall box.

biggs:

Contacts can be exported and imported in VCARD or CSV; calendar
can be dealt with using ICAL files.

bg:

I just went through the entire Help file again, and will note that
in the Glossary, there is no entry titled "export". I find several
references to importing VCARDs, but again, nothing about exporting.
So how *do* I save my complete Contacts file as a .csv? Or VCARDs?

bg: [earlier]

But preserving my Contacts, Folders & Filters, and accumulated messages
from the old Evo version is clearly not a trivial process.

biggs:

Filters are going to be the biggest issue.

bg:

Actually not that much of a problem - I only have eight of them.
I don't mind recreating those on the fly.

Thanks again,

Brewster

" I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics. "

                        Richard Feynman
W. Brewster Gillett             bg fdi us            Portland, OR  USA
Simply because you don't like to hear it, that doesn't make it untrue.