Re: [Evolution] migration/alexion

Art Alexion wrote:

Lastly, when you say "upgrade", are you seriously considering trying to install
a relatively new Debian based distro on top of a very old rpm based distro?

bg:

Not at all - I used the word in the generic, not the technical sense.
I figure to install Ubuntu separately, first backing up my
entire home directory to a tar file, and having pulled all the
accumulated data files from the old FC2, scrub it.

Art Alexion wrote:

If you just mean that you are going to replace the system and are planning routes
for data migration, then I would not seriously expect a smooth path.

bg:

I never figured it would be smooth. That's why I'm seeking pointers.

If you can, upload important mail to an imap server and retrieve it
from there on your installation.  I'd go the csv route for contacts.

bg:

Sounds like some good strategies. A question, though; in looking through
all the operating elements of my 1.4 Evo, I don't see that it offers
any "export" choices - what do I do to get the Contacts saved as a .csv
file? Would that be a command line sequence outside of Evo?

Thanks,

Brewster

 "Admiration:
    Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves."

                Ambrose Bierce    _Devil's Dictionary_

W. Brewster Gillett             bg fdi us            Portland, OR  USA
Simply because you don't like to hear it, that doesn't make it untrue.