Re: [Evolution] Error refreshing folder

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 19:19 +0200, Svante R Signell wrote:
On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 17:44 +0200, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 17:17 +0200, Svante R Signell wrote:
The problem is not at the server end. Using evolution on another box,
like this box or the webmail alternative all is OK. Which files to
remove/move away?
.evolution/mail/imap/.../folders/INBOX/??

Since it's an IMAP folder you can remove everything and Evo will just
recreate it, though it might take a while depending on your connection
speed and the folder size. However if you want to remove the minimum
possible, the answer will depend on your version of Evo which so far you
haven't mentioned. The reason is that recent versions use an SQLite
database for folder info while earlier ones used a variety of index
files.

If you have a folders.db file in ~/.evolution/mail/imap/<account-name>
then yours is a recent version of Evo. Try just moving it aside ("mv
folders.db folders.db.backup"). Do this with Evo completely stopped of
course ("evolution --force-shutdown"), then restart Evo and see what
happens.

I have evo 2.26.1.1 installed so there is a database file present. I'll
try moving away folders.db when back home. If I remove the whole
sub-directory under <account-name> will everything be restored? A lot of
folders exist in the folders directory: INBOX, Calendar, Drafts, Deleted
Items, etc?? If removing files, I assume only the files under INBOX can
be removed, not the other ones.

Not sure about Calendar (I don't use it). Drafts might be local or
remote, depending on your Defaults config for the account. There is no
standard folder called Deleted Items (at least in Evo 2.24 which is what
I use) so I don't know what that is. Looks like something left behind by
Thunderbird or another client (Mail.app?).

poc